Ashraf Ghani is an Afghan politician. Ashraf Ghani was born on Thursday, May 19, 1949 in Logar, Afghanistan. Zodiac sign is Taurus. Ashraf Ghani is from Logar, Afghanistan, religion is Islam and nationality, Afghan.
|Real Name||Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai|
|Political Journey||• Upon returning to Afghanistan after 24 years in December 2001, Ghani left his posts at the UN and World Bank to join the new Afghan government as the chief advisor to President Hamid Karzai on 1 February 2002.
• In 2003, Ghani was regarded the best finance Minster in Asia by Emerging Markets.
• In January 2009 an article by Ahmad Majidyar of the American Enterprise Institute included Ghani on a list of fifteen possible candidates in the 2009 Afghan presidential election.
• Ghani registered the Candidacy on May 7, 2009, in the Afghan presidential election, 2009. Ghani’s campaign emphasized the importance of a representative administration; good governance; a dynamic economy and employment opportunities for the Afghan people. Unlike other major candidates, Ghani asked the Afghan diaspora to support his campaign and provide financial support.
• In Afghanistan Presidential Election 2014, Ashraf Ghani received 56.44% of the total vote and became the President of Afghanistan.
|Biggest Rival||Abdullah Abdullah|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches-5′’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 158.7 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1949|
|Age (as in 2016)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||Logar, Afghanistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|School||Habibia High School, Kabul|
|College||American University in Beirut, Lebanon,
Columbia University, New York, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s degree in Cultural Anthropology and a Master’s degree|
|Family||Father– Shah Pesand
Mother– Kawkaba Lodin
Brother– Hashmat Ghani Ahmadzai
Sister– Not Known
|Address||The Arg, Presidential Palace in Kabul|
|Controversies||In October 2016, Ashraf Ghani made a peace treaty with country’s most notorious warlords “Gulbuddin Hekmatyar” who has been labeled a “global terrorist” by the United States.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Rula Saade Ghani|
|Children||Son– Tariq Ghani
Daughter– Mariam Ghani
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Interesting Facts About Ashraf Ghani
- Does Ashraf Ghani Smoke ?: unknown
- Does Ashraf Ghani Drink Alcohol ?: Not known
- Ashraf Ghani was Minister of Finance of Afghanistan and Chancellor of the University of Kabul.
- Ghani even worked with the World Bank before returning to Afghanistan in 2002.
- His wife Rula Saade comes from Lebanon. Ghani and Saade met while studying at American University Beirut and later married.
- Ghani has served as a teacher at many universities around the world. He was invited to the University of California at Berkeley in 1983 and to Johns Hopkins University from 1983-1991. He also attended senior management training at Harvard INSEAD and the World Bank Stanford Graduate School of Business. He has worked at the Faculty of Kabul University (1973-77), Aarhus University in Denmark (1977), the University of California, Berkeley (1983) and Johns Hopkins University (1983-1991).
- In 2013, he was ranked 50th in the list of the world’s top 100 intellectuals run by the Foreign Policy Magazine and second in a similar poll conducted by Prospect