Avril Lavigne was born on 27-09-1984 in Belleville, Ontario, Canada. She is a Canadian singer, songwriter, musician, recording artist, fashion designer, vocal artist, television and movie actress.
|Real Name||Avril Ramona Lavigne|
|Nickname||Avie, Av, Abbie (given by her dad), Abbey Dawn|
|Profession||Singer-songwriter, Actress and Entrepreneur, Fashion Designer|
|Famous For||Song – When you’re gone, Girlfriend, Complicated, Sk8er Boi, I’m with You, My Happy Ending, Nobody’s Home.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Hair Colour||Naturally brown, dyed blonde.|
|Date of Birth||27 September 1984|
|Age (as in 2016)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Belleville, Ontario, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Greater Napanee, Canada|
|School||Greater Napanee High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High school drop out|
|Debut||Album – “Let Go” (2002)
Film – Going the Distance (2004)
|Family||Father– Jean-Claude Joseph Lavigne
Mother– Judith-Rosanne “Judy”
Brother– Matthew (Older Brother)
|Ethnicity||English, Scottish, and German and French-Canadian|
|Fan Mail Address||Avril Lavigne
9220 Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
|Hobbies||Skate-boarding, listening, singing and writing songs|
|Favorite Colors||Black and red|
|Favorite Movie||8 Mile|
|Favorite Drink||Vodka and Champagne.|
|Favorite Music||Goo Goo Dolls, Third Eye Blind|
|Favorite Song||Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls|
|Favorite Actor||Tobey Maguire|
|Favorite Actresses||Sandra Bullock|
|Favorite Perfume||Avril Lavigne – Black Star and Wild Rose.|
|Major Controversies||She was accused of being racist for her video “Hello Kitty”. She included Japanese background dancers in her video because she likes Japan and is in Japan half of the time.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Jesse Colburn (April 2002 – November 2003)
Deryck Whibley (2003-2010)
Brody Jenner (February 2010 – January 2012)
Chad Kroeger (February 2012 – Present)
|Husband/Spouse||Deryck Whibley (m. 2006–10)
Chad Kroeger (m. 2013; separated 2015)
|Current Relationship Status||Single|
|Net Worth||US $50 million|
Interesting Facts About Avril Lavigne
- Smokes Avril Lavigne?: Yes
- Does Avril Lavigne drink alcohol?: Yes
- Avril never liked the school and got kicked out a couple of times. She got out when she got the chance to record music on a record label.
- She did not choose the formula of being bare-headed to gain attention / popularity, but courting everyone with her powerful voice, strong melodies and clear lyrics.
- Her albums were 6 x Platinum (Let go), 3 x Platinum (Under my Skin) and Platinum (The Best Damn Thing).
- She has been nominated eight times for the Grammy Awards.
- Avril Lavigne, ladies and gentlemen, is self-taught!
- She can play guitar, drums and piano.
- Their second album, under my skin, has sold 8 million copies worldwide.
- She had several Billboard 100 Hot Number One and her song “Girlfriend” had 7.3 million downloads and was the best-selling song of the year 2007.
- In addition to her own songs, she has also written some songs with Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato and Leona Lewis.
- She has also provided some songs for such films as Eragon, Sweet Home Alabama, Bruce Almighty, Legal Blonde 2, The Princess Diaries 2, The House Bunny and Alice in Wonderland.
- She took over the clothing and accessory brand Abbey Dawn and is successful with her entrepreneurship.
- Already at the age of 15, she had the opportunity to share the stage with Shania Twain.
- During her break from music, she designed clothes, perfumes, and starred in movies.
- Lavigne gained her initial popularity due to her unique, boyish style.
- They were usually seen wearing loose dresses, converses, bracelets and sometimes shoelaces wrapped around their fingers.
- She accepts that she is funny and confesses that she does not want to change.
- Her song Alicewas nominated as the best song at the Oscars.
- She also said that her songs are about her own personal experiences.
- Avril was a dreamer and said, “I remember lying on my bed as a child, singing and imagining thousands of people listening to me.”
- In her video “Girlfriend” the bassist is her brother Matt.
- It diagnoses a deficit hyperactivity.
- She is a vegetarian.
- People admired how she looked like an angel singing in the church.
- She always make-up in her privacy and for herself.