Carolina Marín is best known as a badminton player. The Spanish badminton player is considered one of the best female singles players in the world. In 2014, she won both the World and Badminton European Championships and became the youngest European champion in history. She was born on 15 June 1993 in Spain. She and the Chinese player Zhao Yunlei are considered two of the most famous badminton players in the world. She started with the club IES La Orden and began to make noise at the 2009 European U17 Championship on an international level.
|Real Name||Carolina María Marín Martín|
|Profession||Spanish Badminton player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 6″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 65 Kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|International Debut||In 2005, at Brussels International U15.|
|Achievements (main ones)||• Secured Gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
• Bagged Gold at 2014 Copenhagen & 2015 Jakarta World Championships.
• Secured Gold again at 2014 Kazan & 2016 La Roche-sur-Yon European Championships.
• Bronze medal at the 2011 Taipei World Junior Championships.
• Won Gold at 2011 Vantaa European Junior Championships.
• Secured a Silver at 2009 Milan European Junior Championships.
|Career Turning Point||After winning Gold at 2011 Vantaa European Junior Championships there was no looking back for Carolina Marin.|
|Highest Ranking||1 (May 2016)|
|Date of Birth||15 June 1993|
|Age (as in 2017)||24 Years|
|Birth Place||Huelva, Spain|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Gonzalo Marin
Mother– Toni Martin
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Name Not Known (2015-present)|
Interesting Facts About Carolina Marin
- Smokes Carolina Marín: No.
- Does Carolina Marín drink alcohol? Not known
- She is the first Spanish badminton player to win either a silver or a gold medal in international games.
- After marching out of the 2012 Olympics in London in the group stage, Marín tattooed the Olympic rings on her left wrist, reminding her of the defeat and motivating her to work hard for the next Olympics.
- Carolina Marín played for the Bangalore team called Banga Beats in the opening edition of the Indian Badminton League (IBL) in 2013.
- In August 2014, she defeated Li Xuerui of China in the final of the BWF World Championship and became the first Spaniard to win a world title, and the third European player to win the gold medal.
- In April 2015, Carolina Marín won her second consecutive Super Series Premier title, beating Olympic champion Li Xuerui at the 2015 Malaysia Open for the second year in a row.
- Carolina Marín won her second BWF World Championship title in a row after defeating the Indian Saina Nehwalin in August 2015.