Danell Leyva is an American gymnast. Danell Leyva was born on Wednesday, October 30, 1991 in Matanzas, Cuba. Zodiac Sign is Scorpio. Danell Leyva is from Miami, Florida, religion is unknown Ethnicity: Cuban-American and Nationality, American.
|Real Name||Danell Johan Leyva|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 61 kg
in Pounds- 134.5 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 16 Inches
|International Debut||2009 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, London.|
|Career Turning Point||2008 Pan American Gymnastics Championships in Argentina|
|Date of Birth||October 30, 1991|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Matanzas, Cuba|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Yin Alvarez (Gymnastics Coach, Ex-Gymnast and Co-owner of a gym)
Mother– Maria Gonzales (Ex-Gymnast. Co-owner of a gym)
Sister– Dayanis Mesa (a television host)
His biological father Johann Leyva lives in Spain.
|Hobbies||playing the piano, painting, drawing, football, music, cartoons and comics.|
|Favorite Event||High bar, parallel bars, floor exercise|
|Favorite Food||Spaghetti and Pizza|
|Favorite TV show||The Boondocks, Naruto, Family Guy, Scrubs|
|Favorite Music||Rap, Hip Hop, R & B|
|Favorite Movie||Rush Hour Series|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Sexual Orientation||Not Known|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Interesting Facts About Danell Leyva
- Smokes Danell Leyva ?: unknown yet
- Does Danell Leyva drink alcohol?: Not known
- Danell has a signature movement called Jam Dislocate-Hop, which he executes on the horizontal bar.
- His father swam across the Rio Grande to Miami when his teammates competed in Mexico.
- He came with his sister and mother via Peru and Venezuela to the US, where he made arrangements to ensure that they arrive safely.
- He was at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio in the US and finished fifth. Danell Leyva fell on the stretching bars during his performance.
- Although Danell’s native language is Spanish, he can speak Italian, Romanian and Japanese. He is currently learning Portuguese.
- He believes in a positive attitude to life and an optimistic approach, and his motto happens to be “I go to” rather than “I want.”
- Danell did not meet his birth father, even though they call regularly.
- Danell started gymnastics when he was only 4 years old.
- He has flat feet and hates them. They are so flat that sometimes he sees the bone sticking out.
- Danell has a strong with spiders; so much so that he has a tarantula whose name is Rosie.
- He is trained by his father.
- Leyva is apparently very popular with gays. They even have a nickname for him – “The Hot Cuban Gymnast”.
- Danell has won bronze medals at the 2012 Olympics and three medals at the World Championships, including 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze medals.
- When he first tried gymnastics as a child, the coach said, “Please do not bring him back.” Apparently he was miserable in concentrating and being attentive.