David Schwimmer was born on 02-11-1966 in Flushing, New York, United States. He is an American film actor, television actor, theater actor, speaker, film director, television director and theater director.
|Real Name||David Lawrence Schwimmer|
|Profession||Actor, producer, director, comedian, voice actor|
|Famous Role||Ross Geller – FRIENDS|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85m
in Feet Inches- 6’1″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 86 kg
in Pounds- 189 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 41 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Not Known|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1966|
|Age (as in 2016)||49 Years|
|Birth Place||Flushing, Queens, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpion|
|School||Beverly Hills High School (1984)|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts (1998)|
Film – Flight of the Intruder (1991)
Stage – Some Girls (2005)
Director – Run Fatboy Run (2007)
|Family||Father– Arthur Coleman-Schwimmer
Mother– Arlene Coleman-Schwimmer
Sister– Ellie (born in 1965)
|Fan Mail Address||David Schwimmer
The Gersh Agency, Inc.
9465 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
|Major Controversies||David Schwimmer was sued by Aaron Tonken, a former charity fund raiser for demanding Rolex watches for appearing at his own charity event. He won a US$400,000 defamation lawsuit.
There was a rumor that he had appeared as a soldier on a train in Biloxi Blues (1988). David denied it saying “No. I don’t know why that’s on IMDb, but I never was in that”.
Another rumor was that he is related to the dancer Lacey Schwimmer. Schwimmer denied this too saying “No, not at all. Please set the record straight. I guess it’s a natural assumption because we have the same last name, but no. I’ve never even met her”
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Zoë Buckman (m. 2010)|
Natalie Imbruglia (1996-1997)
Mili Avital (2001)
Carla Alapont (2002-2003)
Tina Barret (2004)
Gina Calavera (2004)
Zoe Buckman (2007)
|Wife/Spouse||Zoë Buckman (m. 2010)|
|Current Relationship Status||Married to Zoë Buckman|
Interesting Facts About David Schwimmer
- He attended a Shakespeare workshop in 1979. Ian McKellen taught in the workshops and David was deep in the courses. He later won two first prizes at the Shakespeare Festival in Southern California.
- After moving to Beverly Hills, David never felt comfortable at school. He felt out of place because he felt that the students there had a different value system than he did.
- At school he was good at math and science and thought he was a doctor. His acting teacher motivated him to play and he flew to Chicago to graduate in theater and language.
- After graduating, David Schwimmer was a co-founder of the Lookingglass Theater Company in the late 1980s. He continued his journey as an unemployed actor in Los Angeles.
- Schwimmer played Robert Kardashian in American Crime Story in 2016.
- David’s first acting experience was at the age of 10 when he played the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella’s Jewish version.
- He initially rejected the role of Ross Geller, but later accepted it. The role was written specifically for him as a cast because the executive producer had already worked with him and knew his caliber.
- Schwimmmer based his figure of Ross Geller in FRIENDS on Nicolas Cage’s Peggy Sue Got Married (1986).
- When FRIENDS aired for the first time, it was seen by 22 million American viewers. Schwimmer soon received the strong reviews. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Complimented David called him “grandiose”.
- Variety mentioned: “All six clients, especially (Courteney) Cox and Schwimmer, are resourceful and have strong sitcom skills.”
- He received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy.
- David chose the movie The Pallbearer because he wanted to play something that was a long way from the character of Ross Geller. He rejected the character of “J” in “Mein in Black” along with Tommy Lee Jones to grow in art instead of making quick money.
- David was criticized for his role in Band of Brothers, a war drama in which he played a cruel captain. BBC news criticized him as the only problem in the film because his doggie eyes weren’t convincing enough for the role.
- He pronounced the character Melman, the giraffe, in the cartoon Madagascan (2005). Critics reacted differently, although the film was a commercial success and raised $ 532 million, the biggest success of 2005.
- After FRIENDS, David was divided into a FRIENDS zone because he tried so many roles and things to bring out the character of his Ross Geller. Bus received mostly mixed reviews from critics.
- Schwimmer also directed some episodes of FRIENDS.
- David was unable to take Broadway lightly because it was picky about the whole thing. Either he wasn’t happy with the cast, the director, or the play itself.
- The critics also had ambivalent reviews for his directorial debut. The New York Daily News said: “The most disappointing is how Schwimmer – who has spent 10 seasons on a sitcom filled with hyperverbal characters – manages to gamble away” Fatboys “tender moments.” On the other hand, he was nominated for best directorial debut for a British Independent Film Award.
- For his off-Broadway debut, he was valued for leading his team in terms of intensity and comic timing, despite being criticized by the Los Angeles Times for not trying anything more challenging.
- He was valued by the Chicago Tribune for his character George Gibbs in Our Town, who said, “Swimmers … will be a moving, richly structured and demonstrably heartfelt achievement as George Gibbs. I’ve seen a fair bit of Floater’s post-boyfriend work in London and New York, and I’ve never seen him better. “
- He is involved in charitable causes and supports awareness raising about child abuse and is an active director of the rape treatment center in Santa Monica, which helps victims of date rape and child rape.