Durjoy Datta is an Indian screenwriter, novelist and entrepreneur from Mehsana, Gujarat, India. He also worked for companies such as American Express, NIIT Ltd. and Siemens Ltd. active. Durjoy founded his own publishing company Grapevine India in 2009.
|Real Name||Durjoy Datta|
|Profession||Indian Novelist, Screenwriter, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker|
|Famous For||Love, Romance, Thriller and Adult Fiction Writing|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 176 cm
in meters– 1.76 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 16 inches
|Date of Birth||7 February 1987|
|Age (as in 2018)||31 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|School||Bal Bharti Public School|
|Colleges/Universities||Delhi Technological University (Earlier known as Delhi College of Engineering) Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
Gurgaon Managment development School
|Educational Qualifications||Bechelor in Mechanical Engineering,
|Debut Novel||Novel: Of Course I Love You ..! Till I Find Someone Better (2008)|
|Hobbies||Playing with dogs, Cooking, Blogging, Traveling|
|Awards/Honours/Achievements||2009- Young Achiever (By the Times Of India)
2011-Young Achiever in the field of media and communication
(By the Whistling Wood International)
2012-Teacher’s Achievment Awards
2014-Youth Show Award for Sadda Haq
2018- Popular Choice Award For Our Impossible Love
2018-Crossword Book Award
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||March 1, 2016|
|Wife/Spouse||Avantika Mohan (A Model and Air-hostess, Miss Uttrakhand in 2004)|
Daughter– Rayna Datta
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Favourite Food(s)||Butter Chicken, Muri Ghonto, Papdi Chaat, American Chopsuey, Eggs Florentine|
|Favourite Word||Schadenfreude (A German word that means the experience of Joy and pleasure that comes from learning of failiurs)|
|Favourite Literary Character(s)||Lisbeth Salander, Augustus Water, Tyler Durden, Saeeda Bai|
|Favourite Author(s)||Robert Ludlum, John Green|
|Favourite Book||Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire|
|Favourite Favorite Romantic Novel||A Walk to Remember|
|Salary (As in 2013)||₹30 Lakh p/a From books only|
|Net Worth||₹ Not Known|
Interesting Facts About Durjoy Datta
- Smokes Durjoy Datta ?: No
- Does Durjoy Datta drink alcohol ?: Yes
- Durjoy Datta was born in Gujrat and grew up in the Indian capital of New Delhi. He belongs to a Bengali background.
- The first book, of course, I love you …! Until I find someone who is better … Durjoy Datta was the result of a challenge between his friend and him. One of his friends asked him to write a story with 40,000 words. He did not take that seriously after the publication of his first book, but about three to four months later he received a call from the publisher and told him that your book was on the list of best-selling books.
- His first book, of course, I love you …! Until I find someone better … is a conclusion from his several blogs that he wrote during his studies.
- About 50000 copies of his first book, Of course, I love you …! Until I find someone who is better … were only sold in a year. It was also surprising for him.
- He is one of the best-selling authors in India and has published around 12 books since 2008. including of course I love you! (2008), Now That You’s Rich (2009), She broke up, I did not. (2010), Oh yes, I’m single! (2010), You were my crush (2011), if it’s not forever! (2012), To the Last Breath (2012), Someone Like You (2013), Hold My Hand (2013), If Only Love Remains (2014), The Best Friend in the World (2015), Our Impossible Love (2016 ).
- He also wrote several episodes and series, for which he received great recognition and great commercial success. It includes Sadda Haq, Nagarjun, Kuchh Pyaar, Ke Aise Bhi, Veera, Million Dollar Girl and more.
- He has his own publishing house called; Grapevine India, which he founded together with author Sachin Garg to provide a platform for young talents.
- He is one of the best motivational speakers. He spoke to hundreds of schools and colleges on emerging topics such as passion, writing, marketing, entrepreneurship, and more.
- He spoke several times at TEDx and inspired the youngsters.
- His name is the male Candace Bushnell from India for his adult novels.
- He was nominated for the Indian Telly Jury Award for Best Storywriter.
- He believes that women are the lucky charms for him, especially for his co-authors and his wife Avantika. He also has many female followers who love his books.