Farah Khan was born on September 1st, 1965 in Mumbai in the Indian state of Maharashtra. She is an Indian film director, film producer, film actress, choreographer, television host, screenwriter and dancer best known for her work in Bollywood films.
|Real Name||Farahdeeba Khan|
|Profession||Choreographer, Actress, Director, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 3″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 Kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||9 January 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai,a Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Mumbai,a Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Teresa’s Convent School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai (She was sacked for low attendance, she completed her graduation in a correspondence course)|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduate (B.A.)|
|Debut||As a Choreographer: Kahan Kahan Se Guzar Gaya (1981)
As an Actress: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
As a Director: Main Hoon Na (2004)
|Family||Father– Kamran Khan (former stunt film-maker)
Mother– Menaka Irani
|Best Friends||Shahrukh Khan, Karan Johar|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Cracking jokes|
|Controversies||She has a kind of cold war with choreographer, Saroj Khan since last 2 decades.|
|Favourite Food||Non-vegetarian food, Biryani|
|Favourite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Sushmita Sen|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Akashdeep Saigal (Actor)
Shirish Kundar (Film Editor)
|Marriage Date||9 December, 2004|
|Children||Daughter– Anya, Diva
|Salary||Rs. 50 Lakh per song (to choreograph)|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
Interesting Facts About Farah Khan
- Does Farah Khan smoke?: No.
- Does Farah Khan drink alcohol?: Not known
- Former screenwriter Honey Irani (mother of actor Farhan Akhtar) is her aunt (mother’s sister).
- Farhan Akhtar & Zoya Akhtar are their cousins. Farah & Farhan have the same birthday (but in different years) and called each other “Capri 9”.
- The wrestler and actress Dara Singh was a very close friend of her father.
- Her father was a great filmmaker until he put all his savings into the film “Aisa Bhi Hota Hai” (1971), which was a big flop. They lost all their wealth, their mother had to sell their jewelry to make a living. Farah and her family then led a very middle-class life until she became a successful choreographer.
- Her parents divorced when she was only 11 years old.
- Her father became alcohol addicted after his failure and died of liver damage when Farah was 19 years old.
- She was inspired to dance when she was the dance of Michael Jackson in his song “Thriller” in 1982.
- She has never had a professional training in dancing, she learned it by watching videos.
- In 1986 she won the competition for the Indian entry into the “World Dance Championship”. Farah and her partner Hemu Sinha traveled to the UK to take part in the competition in which they won the Friendship Duo award for their kindness with the other participants. Apparently, her film Happy New Year (2014) is all about the same story.
- Farah and Sajid appeared in 1985 in the film “3D Saamri” as a side dancer in the song “Bacha Le Sambha Le Koi To Yahan Se Nikale”. They had mud on their face in the song, so their face is not recognizable.
- In 1987 she also appeared as a substitute dancer in the song “Feeling Hot Hot Hot” in the film “Jalwa”. In the song, she dances behind the main dancer Archana Puran Singh.
- She has choreographed over 100 Bollywood songs.
- She has also worked on several international choreography projects.
- She firmly believes in saving money, and she still has the same savings account that she had when she was a student.
- She married Shirish Kundar, who was the editor of her directorial debut film “Main Hoon Na”.
- She gave birth to triplets on February 11, 2008.
- Farah and her husband Shirish founded their own production company, “Three’s Company”, named after their three children.
- She is known to be very abusive outside of the camera. A video can be seen on the Internet in which she is abused between the shootings.