Gareth Frank Bale, famed as Gareth Bale, is a Welsh footballer who currently plays as a winger for the Spanish club Real Madrid. Previously, he played for the English clubs Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton. He is best known for his ball beating from a distance, dodging free kicks, and having the ability to get past defenders quickly. Bale was praised by his peers who called him a footballer with “tremendous speed, great crossover ability, a great left foot and exceptional physical qualities”. With Real Madrid, he won La Liga, Copa del Rey, three UEFA Champions League, two UEFA Super Cups and two FIFA Club World Cups.
|Real Name||Gareth Frank Bale|
|Nickname||The Cannon, Welsh Winger|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 1.83 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1⁄2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Professional Debut||In May 2006 for Wales National Team|
|Current Team||Wales Football Team
|Achievements (main ones)||• “Carwyn James Award” for the “BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year” in Dec 2006.
• “Barclays Player of the Month” for April 2010
• “Football League Young Player of the Year” on March 04, 2007.
• “2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.”
• “Player of the Year” on April 17, 2011 for 2010-11 season by Professional Footballers Association.
• “PFA Players’ Player of the Year,” 2012-2012.
• “Young Player of the Year,” 2012-1013.
|Career Turning Point||2010–11 UEFA Champions League|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1989|
|Age (as in 2016)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom|
|School||Whitchurch High School|
|Educational Qualifications||High School (2005), Grade A in PE|
|Family||Father– Frank Bale (School Teacher)
Mother– Debbi Bale (Operation Manager)
Sister– Vicky Bale
|Ethnicity||Welsh and British|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf, spending time with family and watching Premiere League.|
|Controversies||• He spurred controversy with his comments on England Football. He said, “They [England fans] big themselves up before they’ve done anything, so we’re going to go there and believe we can beat them.”
“I think we’ve got a lot more passion and pride about us than them. We’ll definitely show that on the day. I don’t know what it is but, if you’re Welsh, we feel more pride and passion than anyone else.
“Look at the national anthem, everyone sings, the whole stadium. I don’t think any other nation would do that. Being Welsh just brings it out of you.”
Asked how many England players would get into the Wales team, Bale cheekily responded “None.”
|Favourite Footballers||Christiano Ronaldo|
|Favourite Food||Chicken wrap, medium sauce, Spanish dry cured ham, Jamon, Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolates|
|Favourite Hotel||Txistu, Madrid, Spain|
|Favourite Football Trick||Side-step|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Emma Rhys-Jones (High School Sweetheart)|
|Children||Daughters– Nava Valentina
|Salary||$35.9 millions (Including $10 million from endorsements)|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|House||La Finca mansion. ($2.3 million)|
Interesting Facts About Gareth Bale
- Does Gareth Bale smoke ?: No.
- Does Gareth Bale drink alcohol ?: No
- Gareth Bale is most valued for his tremendous speed, allowing him to quickly get past the defenders and hit the ball from a distance. His dodge-free kicks that like him can fly past the wall and hit the nets.
- He is a left-footed finisher who, in addition to free kicks and dribbles, is also a balanced striker for the team. He has extraordinary agility and physical ability. At age 14, he drove a 100-meter jump in 11.4 seconds.
- He can take many positions on the pitch when he started playing back and moving into attack position over time. He scored his first goal after a free-kick that made him the youngest player to score for Wales.
- He has always been athletic and played in his school in addition to athletics and rugby and hockey.
- Gareth has been playing club football since he was nine years old and was first discovered by Southampton FC.
- He is far from playing for £ 7m on Tottenham Hotspur and is estimated to be worth € 100m for Real Madrid, the highest world record transfer fees at that time.
- He was also in impeccable shape after a knee surgery for a ligament tear, which, however, forced him to rest for two months.
- Bale has won many Player of the Month and the Goal of the Month. These included titles from local and prestigious institutions.
- Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp praised Bale for being a player who has “no weakness in his makeup”. He welcomed the enthusiastic player for his game.
- He applied in 2011 to change his jersey from reverse (number 3) to forward (number 11) and got it.
- Gareth was voted UEFA Team of the Year 2011.
- He is the only player besides Cristiano Ronaldo, who has won three awards in a year.
- He was part of the campaign “Together we can beat Ebola” in November 2014.
- Bale could play for England as his grandmother came from England, but he has decided to play for Wales because he loves Wales and the English team never contacted him to play for the team.
- He has a trademark destination celebration move; he makes a heart shape with his hands.
- Gareth Bale’s efforts have helped Wales qualify for the 2016 European Football League for the first time in 60 years. He scored 9 out of 11 goals and assisted two. In the 2015/16 season, he scored 82% of goals in France, more than any other player in a team.
- Micah Richards said that Bale is undoubtedly the hardest player to defy and stated, “He made me feel like I was a centimeter tall. Has torn me to pieces. He just does not stop running. It is ridiculous.”
- Redknapp, who has been watching him play from the beginning, said, “He’s an amazing, amazing talent and he’s after the Ronaldo and Messi of this world and he’s getting better, he’s almost unplayable when he’s in his game He’s a real world-class player, there’s no one he could not play for, he would improve any team. “