Hashim Amla is a South African cricketer (Batsman). Hashim Amla was born on Thursday March 31, 1983 in Durban, Natal Province, South Africa. Zodiac Sign is Aries. Hashim Amla is from Durban, Natal Province, South Africa, religion is Islam and nationality, South Africa.
|Real Name||Hashim Mahomed Amla|
|Profession||South African Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 28 November 2004 vs India in Kolkata
ODI– 9 March 2008 vs Bangladesh in Chittagong
T20– 13 January 2009 vs Australia in Brisbane
|Last Match||Test– vs Sri Lanka at St George’s Park on 21 February 2019
ODI– vs Sri Lanka at Riverside Ground on 28 June 2019
T20– vs Sri Lanka at R.Premadasa Stadium on 14 August 2018
|International Retirement||On 8 August 2019, he announced his retirement from all format of Cricket|
|Jersey Number||#1(South Africa)
#1(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||South Africa, Cape Cobras, Derbyshire, Dolphins, Essex, KwaZulu-Natal, Kings XI Punjab|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Liked to play against||India and England|
|Favourite Shot||Cover drive|
|Records (main ones)||• 1st ever South African to hit a Test match triple hundred (311 not out) against England in 2012.
• He holds the record to reach 3000 ODI runs at the quickest rate, even 12 innings less than Sir Vivian Richards.
• He and AB De Villers holds the record for the highest 3rd wicket stand in ODI cricket by any South African batting pair.
• He holds the record to reach 10 ODI centuries at the quickest rate, even 23 matches less than Virat Kohli. .
• He holds the record to be the quickest to get 15 ODI centuries (89 matches).
• He holds the ODI record as the fastest batsman to get 2000 (40 innings), 3000 (59 innings), 4000 (81 innings), 5000 (101 innings) and 6000 (123 innings). runs in ODIs.
• He and AB de Villers holds the record for the highest partnership in Tests and 4th wicket partnership as well (308 runs) by any South African batting pair, against West Indies in 2014.
• He and Faf du Plessis holds the record for the highest partnership by South Africa batting pair (247 runs) against Ireland in 2015.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2002 Under-19 Cricket World Cup in New Zealand.|
|Date of Birth||31 March 1983|
|Age (as in 2016)||33 Years|
|Birth Place||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|School||Durban High School, Durban|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Mahomed H. Amla
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Ahmed Amla (Cricketer)
|Controversies||In 2013, Australia commentator Dean Jones called him a ‘terrorist’ during a Test match against Sri Lanka in Colombo as he said that “the terrorist has got another wicket” when he took a catch. Though, Dean Jones apologized after it but he was removed from the job.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Jacques Kallis and AB de Villiers
Bowler: Dale Steyn
|Favourite Food||Chicken dishes|
|Favourite Actor||Bruce Lee|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some lesser known facts about Hashim Amla
- Does Hashim Amla smoke?: No.
- Does Hashim Amla drink alcohol?: No.
- Amla is often referred to as a bartender maestro due to his success as a hitter.
- He belongs to a Gujarati family.
- He is a disciplined supporter of Islam and has refused to wear a shirt with the logo of an alcohol company. At one point he even fined $ 500 for not wearing it.
- His hit rate in the ODI century is better than that of Virat Kohli. By the end of 2014, he had 16 centuries of 98 ODI. Kohli has scored 20 out of 144 ODIs.
- In 2010, he achieved more than 1000 runs in tests and ODIs.
- In 2013 he was awarded the Wisden Cricketers of the Year Award.
- After Ricky Ponting, he was the only batsman to be number 1 in both the Test and ODI ICC ratings in 2013.
- He occasionally rolls out of the spin cycle.
- During IPL9 in 2016, he made his IPL debut for Kings XI Punjab and replaced injured Shaun Marsh.
- His older brother Ahmed is a professional cricket player in South African cricket.
- He is the 4th batsman to ever beat an ODI 100 against all test countries.
- Thought he became South Africa’s test captain in 2014, but it had a big impact on his eyelash and he resigned from his captain in January 2016.