He is 41 years old and was born on April 19, 1978 in Palo Alto, California, USA. His full name is James Edward Franco and his nickname is Teddy. He attended Palo Alto High School in California and then the University of California in Los Angeles. He later dropped out after a year to continue his acting career.
|Real Name||James Edward Franco|
|Famous Role||Spiderman Series
Never been Kissed
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg
in Pounds- 167.5 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 31 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1978|
|Age (as in 2016)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Palo Alto, California, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|School||Palo Alto, California|
|College/University||University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.)
Columbia University (M.F.A.)
New York University (M.F.A.)
Brooklyn College (M.F.A.)
Warren Wilson College (M.F.A.)
Yale University (Ph.D. student)
Rhode Island School of Design
|Debut||TV – Pacific Blue (1997)
Film – Never Been Kissed (1999)
|Family||Father– Douglas Eugene “Doug” Franco (Ran a Silicon Valley Business)
Mother– Betsy Lou (A writer and an occasional actress)
Brother– Tom (Artist)
Brother– Dave (Davy, an Actor)
|Religion||When asked if he’s a believer, he said- “In God? I don’t know. Yes. To a certain extent. It’s a complicated question”.|
|Ethnicity||Portuguese, Swedish, Jewish|
|Fan Mail Address||James Franco
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
9601 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210-5213
|Major Controversies||He was confused as a closeted homosexual because of supporting LGBT and for the choice of his roles. On being asked if he is gay, he said he finds a lot of other dimensions in the characters instead of their bedroom preferences.
Later on he said being gay is not even about who you “do” but about the way you behave. In the old times sailors had sex with guys but were not called gay if they behaved in a masculine manner.
He said he is straight in real life and it’s sad the way people are accusing him for being “The Gay Rapist” because his friends were raped.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Marla Sokoloff (1999-2004)
Ahna O’Reilly (2006-2011)
Agyness Deyn (2011)
Ashley Hartman (2004-2005)
|Current Relationship Status||Single|
Interesting Facts About James Franco
- Does James Franco smoke? Yes
- Does James Franco smoke? Yes
- He won a Golden Globe for the leading role in the film James Dean.
- James was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor for his role in 127 hours.
- He volunteers for the Art of Elysium charity and gave a free lecture on production and filmmaking for New York University.
- He taught a short film course at the University of Southern California, an inscreenwriting course at the University of California in Los Angeles and at Palo Alto High School.
- Franco was called “Math Whiz” and did well on SATs and was an intern at Lockheed Martin.
- Franco was arrested for drinking alcohol, graffiti, and being part of the group that stole expensive perfumes from department stores and sold them to their classmates. which made him the community of the state. In his defense, he said, “It was teenage fear. I felt unwell in my skin. I was shy. I changed my behavior just in time to get good grades ”!
- Franco has always wanted to be an actor, but was afraid to be rejected. He enrolled at UCLA as an English major, but retired at the request of his parents to continue acting.
- He took acting lessons from Robert Carnegie at Playhouse West because he didn’t want to weigh in for his audition program at UCLA for two years.
- He took a late night job at McDonalds because his parents refused to support him further. He used different accents from customers and once mentioned in a Washington Post editorial that “McDonald was there when nobody was there.”
- After fifteen months of training, he began auditioning and played a role in a Pizza Hut commercial with a dancing Elvis Presley.
- The show “Freaks and Geeks”, in which James got his first leading role, was canceled after 18 months due to low audience figures. Although the show later became a cult hit.
- To convince (or impress), James Franco lost his own identity as James Dean while working on the film. As a non-smoker, he smoked two packets of cigarette a day. Learned to ride a bike, play the guitar and separate from his family, friends and even his girlfriend. He then spent time with Dean’s staff and watched his films to get to know his character. “It was a very lonely existence,” he notes. He received a Golden Globe for his achievements and nominations for the Emmy Award and the Star Guild Award.
- He lived on the street to understand his drug-addicted homeless character for the film City by the Sea (2002). Robert De Niro looked at a section of James Dean and suggested that James Franco be cast.
- He learned boxing for Annapolis, horse riding and sword fighting for Tristan and Islode for eight months. He also received a private pilot license for his role in the film Flyboys.
- He played and wrote Pineapple Express with Seth Rogan, which was produced by Judd Apatow. Apatow said to Franco, “Tell him,” Okay, you’re playing a pot dealer, “and he comes back with a three-dimensional character that you think exists, and he takes it very seriously, even if it’s a comedy.”
- He was highly valued by critics for his 127-hour film and it was almost a secluded cast, and James would consider the director and the rest of the team as his co-stars. To date, this film is very well received. Oddly, James only learned or experimented with academic books to kill time! He won an Independent Film Award and was nominated for the film for a Golden Globe andEmmy Award.
- Franco was the face of Gucci for her men’s perfume line in 2008.
- Franco has also published a series of books entitled Palo Alto, dealing with the youngsters living in Palo Alto who drive drunk, smoke weeds and engage in unplanned acts of violence.
- James Franco and Anne Hathaway hosted the 2011 Academy Awards. His energy and enthusiasm were literally low. He was asked if he was into marijuana while hosting, and he replied, “I think the Tasmanian devil would look stoned next to Anne Hathaway. He humbly and honestly accepted that he ruined the show.
- James Franco has a star named after him on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.