Jwala Gutta was born on September 7, 1983 in Wardha, Maharashtra. She is an Ass-Indian. She was awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award for her performance on the pitch.
|Real Name||Jwala Gutta|
|Profession||Indian Badminton player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 10″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 Kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||In the 2002 India Asia Satellite Tournament.|
|Coach/Mentor||S. M. Arif|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 14 times winner of National Badminton Championship in doubles.
• Won a bronze at the 2011 BWF World Championships.
• Won a Gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a silver at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Thomas & Uber Cup.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Badminton Asia Championships.
|Career Turning Point||When she won gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.|
|Highest Ranking||6 (in XD) (August 2010)|
|Date of Birth||7 September 1983|
|Age (as in 2017)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Wardha, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Kranti Gutta
Mother– Yelan Gutta
Sister– Insi Gutta (younger sister)
|Controversies||• She has been in controversy for her outspoken nature.
• In 2013, she was banned for life by IBL for trying to stop players of her franchise, Krrish Delhi Smashers, to play against Banga Beats in the IBL.
|Favourite Food||Chaat, Chinese Cuisines|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (2005-2011)|
|Husband||Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (married 2005-2011)|
Interesting Facts About Jwala Gutta
- Does Jwala Gutta Smoke ?: Not known
- Does Jwala Gutta Drink Alcohol ?: Not known
- She was born in Wardha and grew up in Hyderabad.
- Her father, Kranti Gutta, is a Telugu Hindu, while her mother, Yelan Gutta, is of Chinese descent.
- Her mother, Yelan, is a granddaughter of a Chinese Gandhian, Tseng, who visited India with her mother in 1971 to see the Sevagram Ashram, and also translated Gandhi’s autobiography into Chinese.
- Jwala Gutta wanted to continue her tennis career, but her mother insisted she play badminton.
- She was only 4 years old when her father introduced her to National Badminton Coach S.M. Arif.
- She learned gymnastics and swimming before she started training for badminton.
- She started playing badminton at the age of 6 and won the National Mini Badminton Championship for girls under 13 in Kerala.
- Jwala Gutta partnered with Shruti Kurien, which lasted several years, and the duo won the national title in Doubles for seven consecutive years (from 2002 to 2008).
- After her divorce, there was media speculation about her connection with former Indian cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin.
- She remains active in social affairs and has dealt with various social issues, including anti-tobacco campaigns, anti-zoo campaigns and empowerment issues for women.
- On numerous occasions she has been listed as one of the most inspiring athletes from India.
- In 2011, she was awarded the Arjuna Award (India’s second highest sports prize) by the Government of India.
- In 2013 she appeared in an article number in a Telugu film, Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde.