The American pop singer Katy Perry first tried to enter the music business with a gospel album. Her image changed radically to her 2008 single, “I Kissed a Girl,” by One of the Boys, and she led the charts with the follow-up Teenage Dream, Prism and Witness. Perry is also known for her performance during the 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show, her marriage to comedian Russell Brand and her selection as a judge for American Idol.
|Real Name||Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson|
|Nickname||Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katheryn Elizabeth Brand, Pickle, KP, Katy Bird, The Queen of Cool, KatyCat, K-Pez, Chuckie, Pussycat|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Philanthropist, Businesswoman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 61 kg
in Pounds- 134.5 lbs
|Date of Birth||25 October 1984|
|Birth Place||Santa Barbara, California, United States|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Paradise Valley Christian School, Arizona
Santa Barbara Christian School, California
Dos Pueblos High School
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Debut||Album – Katy Hudson (2001)
TV – The Young and the Restless (2008)
|Family||Father– Mary Christine (née Perry)
Mother– Maurice Keith HudsonBrother– David (Singer)
|Religion||Not exactly religious but prays all the time.|
|Ethnicity||English, German, Irish, and Portuguese|
|Inspirational Artists||Queen’s Freddy Mercury|
|Fan Mail Address||Katy Perry
Direct Management Group, Inc.
8332 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90069
|Hobbies||Golf, Collecting Antiques|
|Favorite Book||The Help (Kathryn Stockett)|
|Favorite Bands||Beach Boys, Heart, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Alanis Morissette, Imogen Heap, Ting Tings, Gwen Stefani, Rufus, Wainwright|
|Favorite Movies||Lolita (1997)|
|Favorite TV Program||Ancient Aliens (2009)|
|Favorite Color||Pink, Aqua, Blue|
|Major Controversies||In her Egyptian themed video for the song “Dark Horse” she is playing Cleopatra and there are wooers to find her a match. In the music video, one of those contestants is wearing a pendant that says “Allah” in Arabic Scripture and her character in the video Katy Patra destroys him by burning him down along with his pendant. She was accused Blasphemy.
She wore a dress in Taipei, Taiwan which had a sunflower on it and briefly wore the Taiwanese flag like a cape too. The sunflower represents the tension of Mainand China’s meddling in Taiwan’s independent state. This was soon after the Sunflower Student Movement.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Justin York (2002-2003)
Mathew Thiessen (2003-2006)
Johnny Lewis (2005-2006)
Travie McCoy (2007-20090)
Josh Gorban (2009)
Russel Brand (2009-2011)
Baptiste Giabiconi (2012)
John Mayer (2012-2014)
Orlando Bloom (2016-Present)
|Husband/Spouse||Russell Brand (m. 2010; div. 2012)|
|Current Relationship Status||Dating Orlando Bloom|
|Net Worth||$125 million|
|House||Hollywood Hills ($6.5 million)|
|Car||Maserati, Audi A5, Fisker, Karma, BMW 3 Series,
Pink Smart Car, Range Rover
Interesting Facts About Katy Perry
- Does Katy Perry Smoke? Yes
- Does Katy Perry drink alcohol? Yes
- She pursued Gosspel music in her teenage years after she had already sung at the church since she was very young.
- Red Hill dropped her after her first album didn’t work out. She was also dropped by The Island Def Jam Music Group and Columbia Records before she was signed by Capitol Records in April 2007.
- She acquired fame with her single “I kissed a girl”in 2008 followed by “Hot and Cold” .
- In 2010, her album Teenage Dream hit top positions on Billboard Hot 100 including The one of got away at number 3. She was the first female to have five number one tracks from one album to be listed on the Billboards, second only to Michael Jackson’s
- Perry has four Guinness World Records to her name, has stayed the highest-earning artist for four years (2011-2015) as listed by Forbes. She is one the best selling artists of the world selling 100 million copies worldwide.
- She did not belong a well-off family when she was young and sometimes, they had to depend on the food from church.
- Her mother did not allow her to eat Lucky Charmsbecause she was skeptical of its relation to Lucifer and call “deviled eggs” “angeled eggs”.
- Singing with her sister Angela, her parents realized that she should take singing lessons and she was involved in their ministry and sang in the church from the the age 9-17 years old.
- Katy left school after getting her GED (General Education Development) at the age of 15.
- Her parents, for her birthday, gifted her the first guitar when she was 13.
- Katy Perry’s voice type is
- Russel brand proposed her sitting on an Elephant at the New Years Eve watching with fireworks in the sky!
- Katy Perry has a cat named Kitty Purryand has her own blog!
- Katy Perry was offered an amount of $20,000,000 to join the twelfth season of American Idol, but she declined.
- She had lunch with Michelle Obamaon her 28th birthday!
- Katy said she was the skinnierversion of Lily Allen and fatter version of Amy Winehouse, to which Lily Allen took offense and threatened Katy to make her phone number public!
- Whoopi Goldberg kissed Katy on her show ‘The View’ and she said “I liked it”.
- Katy has written songs for other artists like Selena Golmes and Kelly Clarkson.
- Perry uses tattoos nicely to launch her albums and songs. She has strawberry and peppermint for the songs One of the boys andTeenage Dream.
- She strongly supports the democratic party.