Kevin Pietersen is an English, former English cricketer (Batsman). Kevin Pietersen was born on Friday, June 27, 1980 in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Zodiac Sign is Cancer. Kevin Pietersen is from Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. The religion is Christian and the nationality is English.
|Real Name||Kevin Peter Pietersen|
|Nickname||KP, Kev, The Ego, FIGJAM, Kelves and Kapes|
|Profession||Former England Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 193 cm
in meters- 1.93 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 88 kg
in Pounds- 194 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 44 Inches
– Waist: 36 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 21 July 2005 vs Australia in London
ODI– 28 November 2004 vs Zimbabwe in Harare
T20– 13 June 2005 vs Australia in Southampton
|Jersey Number||#24(England )
#24(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||England, Deccan Chargers, Delhi Daredevils, Dolphins, Hampshire, ICC World XI, KwaZulu-Natal, Natal, Nottinghamshire, Quetta Gladiators, Rising Pune Supergiants, Royal Challengers Bangalore, St Lucia Zouks, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Surrey|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Australia|
|Favourite Shot||Switch-hit Shot|
|Records (main ones)||• In his debut first-class match for Nottinghamshire, he scored his debut hundred and scored 1275 runs with an excellent average of 57.95 in that season.
• In his ODI debut against Zimbabwe, he scored his first ODI half century.
• 8th English batsman to score consecutive 50s in debut Test match.
• 1st England player to win a Player of the Tournament award in an ICC event after England won the 2010 ICC T20 World Cup.
• Fastest to 4000 Test runs.
|Career Turning Point||Domestic century at Chester-le-Street in 2001 (109 off 139 balls).|
|Date of Birth||27 June 1980|
|Age (as in 2017)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
|College||Maritzburg College, Pietermaritzburg|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Jannie Pietersen
Mother– Penny Pietersen
Brothers– Tony Pietersen, Greg Pietersen and Bryan Pietersen
|Controversies||• After he got out by Yuvraj Singh during the England tour of India in 2008, he called Yuvraj a pie-chucker. In response to which Yuvraj told him that he has already dismissed him 5 times.
• When South Africa beat England 2-0 in 2012 Test series in England, he was dropped from final Test after it was found that he texted AB de Villiers and Dale Steyn degrading his captain Andrew Strauss and Andy Flower.
• He became the England captain in 2008, but after his rift with the coach Peter Moores, he resigned from his captaincy.
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Hansie Cronje
Bowler: Curtly Ambrose and Courtney Walsh
|Favourite Food||Barbeque and Japanese food|
|Favourite Actor||Kiefer Sutherland|
|Favourite Restaurant||Zuma in London|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jessica Taylor (Singer and Model)|
|Wife||Jessica Taylor (Singer and Model)|
|Net Worth||$7.5 million|
Some lesser known facts about Kevin Pietersen
- Does Kevin Pietersen smoke ?: No.
- Does Kevin Pietersen drink alcohol?: Yes
- Pietersen is a South African, but moved to England in 2000 to protest against the racial quota system in South Africa. He first played for Cancock CC in Birmingham.
- He had a dream test debut in the Ashes series against Australia in 2005, where his aggressive strike performance helped England regain the Ashes after 1986.
- He uses his famous switch hit from school when playing hockey.
- He regrets so many English tattoos he had when he first came to England.
- He gets nervous while waiting for his eyelashes and makes a “call of nature” every 5 minutes in these nervous times.
- After his too many problems with the side screen during the Ashes 2013, he had a heated argument with Mitchell Johnson.
- He won the Emerging Player of the Year award and the ODI Player of the Year award, based on his outstanding performance in 2005 and his sixth-fastest finish of 1000 ODI races.
- In 2004 he played in the Duleep Trophy 2003/04 in India for England A or England Lions.
- His favorite song is “We Werent Born to Followby Bon Jovi”.
- He is only behind Sir Don Bradman in his first 25 tests.
- He loves to have tattoos, and one of his tattoos on his rib shows a world map with red stars indicating where he has scored hundreds.