Lilly Singh was born on 26-09-1988 in Scarborough, Toronto in Ontario, Canada. She is a Canadian YouTube star, comedian, author, speaker, rapper, dancer, blogger, movie actress, motivator, singer, television actress and television presenter.
|Real Name||Lilly Saini Singh|
|Profession(s)||YouTuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Actress, Rapper, Author, Motivational Speaker|
|Youtube Channels||Superwoman, SuperwomanVlogs|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 60 kg
in Pounds- 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||26 September 1988|
|Age (as in 2017)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|School||Mary Shadd Public School, Scarborough, Canada|
|College||Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute, Scarborough, Canada
York University, Toronto, Canada
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts in Psychology|
|Debut||YouTube Debut:– Spoken Words Poem (Deleted)
Film (Bollywood):– Speedy Singh (As Bhangra Dancer)(2011)
Film (Hollywood):– Ice Age: Collision Course (Vocal Role)(2016)
|Family||Father– Sukhwinder Singh
Mother– Malwinder Singh
Sister– Tina Singh (Elder)
|Favourite Food(s)||Chicken Curry, Chipotle, Macroni, Cheese, Popcorn, Skittles|
|Favourite YouTubers||Dwayne Johnson, Grace Helbig, Jenna Marbles, Miranda Sings, Hannah Hart, Ryan Higa|
|Favourite Alcoholic Beverages||Smrinoff Ice, Cosmo|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Interesting Facts About Lilly Singh
- Does Lilly Singh smoke ?: unknown
- Does Lilly Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Lilly Singh is a Canadian YouTuber, vlogger, comedian, actress and rapper. Born and raised in Scarborough, Toronto, her parents, Malwinder and Sukhwinder Singh, are originally from Punjab, India, and they grew up in the Sikh tradition.
- She is better known by her YouTube username IISuperwomanII. She has explained that the name Superwoman comes from an S-shaped ring from her childhood.
- She launched her YouTube channel in October 2010, which has grown to over 10 million subscribers. She has an older sister named Tina, who also has a YouTube channel called “Neurotic Mom Diaries”.
- She finished eighth on the Forbes list of the highest paid YouTube stars in the world and earned $ 7.5 million in 2016. She was also featured in “Fast Company Magazine” among the 100 “Creative People In Business”. Variety Magazine recognized her as one of the 10 comics featured in 2016, and was honored at the Just For Laughs Film Festival in Montreal. In July, she won two Teen Choice Awards from her three nominations.
- She was struggling with depression and started making YouTube videos to deal with her feelings. As a young adult, she lived in Markham, Ontario, and moved to Los Angeles, California in 2015, where she currently resides to pursue her career.
- In December 2011, Singh created a second channel called SuperwomanVlogs, where she records her daily activities and includes behind-the-scenes footage from her videos
- She also documents meetings with celebrities such as Shah Rukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Shay Mitchell, Selena Gomez, Alessia Cara, Debby Ryan, Arjun Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri, Varun Dhawan and Kareena Kapoor, The Rock, Karan Brar. Drake, Zendaya, Winnie Harlow, Sabrina Carpenter, Victoria Justice and Colleen Ballinger, Michelle Obama and others.
- In 2013, she starred opposite Jassi Sidhu in his Punjabi song “Hipshaker”. She rapped in the song Mauj Ki Malharein, which was played in 2014 in the Bollywood movie Gulaab Gang.
- In 2014, her channel ranked 39th in the top 100 channels of New Media rock stars. In the same year she was nominated for a Shorty Award and a Streamy Award.
- She documented the tour in her first feature film A Trip to Unicorn Iceland, which also describes how the fame of YouTube affects their lives. The documentary related to her happy place and her travels in 31 cities and was one of the first films shown on the YouTube Red platform.
- She has also published her app called “Unicorn Island”. This app was created to engage more with their fans by setting up a Meet & Greets with posts about their lives and exclusive information for their viewers.
- In May 2016 she introduced her new lipstick in collaboration with Smashbox Cosmetics named BAWSE.
- She has also served Hollywood & Bollywood through her acting skills and vocal roles. Before her debut in the film industry in 2014, with a small role that derives from her YouTube role in Indo-Canadian production “Dr. Cabbie ‘, Singh appeared as a background dancer in 2011 in the films’ Speedy Singhs’ and’ Thank You ‘on cameo role in the movie “Bad Moms”.
- In 2016, she partnered with MEtoWe to promote the “Girl Love Rafiki Bracelet” product. The purchase of these bracelets gives girls in Kenya money to provide them with training. Their first goal was to sell 5,000 bracelets. After achieving this goal, she set a new target of 10,000 bracelets and surpassed that goal by selling over 14,000 bracelets.