Born in Indiana in 1959, US Vice President Mike Pence attended Hanover College and the McKinney School of Law at Indiana University. After losing two offers for a US Congress headquarters, he became a conservative moderator of radio and television talk shows in the 1990s. Pence successfully ran for Congress in 2000, and was voted the powerful chairman of the Republican Conference before being elected governor of Indiana in 2012. In July 2016, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump elected Pence as his deputy chairman. On November 8, 2016, Pence was elected Vice President of the United States when Trump won the presidential race. He was sworn in as US Vice President on January 20, 2017.
|Real Name||Michael Richard “Mike” Pence|
|Profession||American politician and attorney|
|Political Journey||• In 1988 and 1990, he ran unsuccessfully Indiana’s 2nd Congressional District Election, losing to Democratic incumbent Phil Sharp.
• He was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000 and was re-elected 4 more times.
• Pence defeated Democrat Barry Welsh in the 2006 House elections.
• In January 2009, he was elected the Republican Conference Chairman.
• On 14 July 2016, Donald Trump named Mike Pence to be his Vice-Presidential candidate.
|Biggest Rival||Phil Sharp|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1959|
|Age (as in 2017)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Columbus, Indiana, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Columbus, Indiana, U.S.|
|School||Columbus North High School, Columbus, Indiana, USA|
|College||Hanover College, Indiana, USA,
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana, USA
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. in History|
|Family||Father– Edward J. Pence Jr
Mother– Nancy Pence
Brothers– Gregory, Edward, Thomas
|Address||101 W Ohio Street, Suite 1180
Indianapolis, IN 46204
|Controversies||The biggest controversy of his career was in 2015, when he signed the controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act.|
|Favourite Politician||John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr|
|Favourite Food||Moose Tracks Ice-creams, Apple|
|Favourite Color||Blue and gold|
|Favourite Film||Wizard of Oz|
|Favourite Book||The Holy Bible|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Karen Pence (married 1985)|
|Children||Son– Michael Pence
Daughters– Charlotte Pence, Audrey Pence
|Net Worth (approx.)||$400,000|
Interesting Facts About Mike Pence
- Does Mike Pence smoke ?: Not known
- Is Mike Pence Drinking Alcohol ?: Not known
- His father ran a number of gas stations.
- He was named after his grandfather Richard Michael Cawley, who was a Chicago bus driver and came to the US from Ireland.
- Mike worked as an Admissions Advisor after graduating in Hanover.
- In 1980 he chose Jimmy Carter.
- In 1986, after studying law, he worked as a lawyer in private practice.
- In 1994, he started his career on talk radio and hosted the Mike Pence Show.
- From 2001 to 2012, he was a six-year Congressman.
- In 2001, he opposed politics supported by then-President George W. Bush.
- His appearance is quite polite, which is in stark contrast to Donald Trump’s.
- For its pro-business climate, Indiana was one of the top ten on Mike Pence’s term as Governor of Indiana.
- He traveled frequently to Iraq and Afghanistan and voted for the Iraq resolution.
- Previously, he had decided to hold the presidential elections in 2008, 2012 and 2016, but later decided against voting in the elections.
- Prior to supporting Donald Trump, Mike Pence initially favored Ted Cruz.
- On July 14, 2016, Donald Trump announced the name of Mike Pence as vice presidential candidate.