Missy Franklin Melissa Jeanette Franklin (born May 10, 1995 in Pasadena, California, USA), American swimmer, who won five medals, including four gold medals, at the 2012 London Olympics.
|Real Name||Melissa Jeanette Franklin|
|Nickname||Missy, Missy the Missile|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||32-26-30.|
|International Debut||2010 FINA Short Course World Championships|
|Coach/Mentor||Todd Schmitz (Colorado Stars)(Since she was 5).
|Strokes||Backstroke, freestyle, medley|
|Records (main ones)||WORLD RECORDS:
• 200 m in Backstroke, timing 2:00.03 at the 2011 World Cup at the age of 16.
|Career Turning Point||2012 Summer Olympics games London|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1995|
|Age (as in 2016)||21 Years|
|Birth Place||Pasadena, California|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Nationality||American and Canadian|
|School||Regis Jesuit High School in Aurora, Colorado|
|College||University of California, Berkeley.|
|Educational Qualifications||High School|
|Family||Father– Dick Franklin (Ex-footbal player, Canadian Football League)
Mother– D.A. Franklin (Physician)
|Hobbies||Reading, dancing, being with friends, baking and listening to music.|
|Favourite Book||Hunger games triology|
|Favourite Movie||The sound of Music|
|Favourite Music||Hip – hop|
|Favourite Lunch||Dim sum|
|Favourite Food||Her mom’s homemade mac and cheese with chocolate milk and garlic bread.|
|Favourite Athelete||Natalie Coughlin|
|Favourite Swim meet||2011 Colorado high school state championships.|
|Favourite Exercise||A sprint set called XYZ. (She decides to set the distance and goes all out)|
|Affairs, Family & More|
|Salary||$500,000 per annum|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$3 million|
Interesting Facts About Missy Franklin
- Does Missy Franklin Smoke ?: Not known
- Is Missy Franklin Drinking Alcohol ?: Not known
- Missy Franklin is a four-time gold medalist at the Olympics. At the age of 17, she won four gold medals at her first international Olympic Games in 2012. She won both the 100m and 200m backstroke races.
- She was the World Swimmer of the Year and the 2012 American Swimmer.
- In 2011 and 2012 she won the FINA Swimmer of the Year twice.
- Franklin is the world record holder for 200-meter riders (long-haul) and American records in the 100- and 200-meter ropes (long-haul).
- Missy Franklin has won 27 medals in international competitions, distributed as 16 gold medals, 6 river medals and 5 bronze medals. She won these medals overall at Olympic Games, World Championships (long and short distances) and Pan Pacific Championships.
- She is the only woman to win 11 gold medals at the Aquatics World Cup.
- Missy has dual citizenship from Canada and the US, but fights for the Olympic Games for the American national team.
- She is a swimmer because her parents wanted her to be safe on the water, so they took swimming lessons. She started taking swimming lessons when she was only 5 years old because her mother asked for it.
- Although it would have been easier for her to qualify for the team if, contrary to what her mother had suggested, she would take exams for the Canadian team, she showed her patriotism and stuck to American exams.
- During her career as a star, she refused the prize money and the endorsements again and again to participate in competitions at the college level such as NCCA.
- She won four NCAA competitions in individual events.
- Franklin wants to get a degree in psychology with a minor in education.
- She passed the exams for the 2008 Olympics at an early age of 13 and competed against older swimmers. She could not qualify at this time and took the 37th place in the 100-meter freestyle.
- Missy was the first woman to qualify for a total of seven events to compete in the Olympics.
- She is also called Michael Phelps.
- Franklin received the window from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm and could be asked to be somewhere within an hour to get tested for her drug test.
- She trained with Kara Lynn Joyce for the swimming team Colarado Stars and was known for the Games 2012 in Beijing, as she noticed while practicing with the former star.
- At the 2013 World Championships, Franklin was the first woman to win six gold medals in a single game. She participated in seven competitions, of which she won six and finished fourth in the 100m freestyle.
- She was also the first woman to win the 200m back at the Olympics, after Melissa Belotewon forty years ago in 1972.
- She has a cameo on Pretty Little Liarsin 2003 and is part of the documentary Touch the Wall dedicated to Missy and Kara Lynn Joyce.
- She drew attention with her dance in the US team video of “Call Me May Be” when she was on her way to becoming the elite swimmer she is now.
- She has an Alaskan Malamute dog named Ruger, who is 120 pounds, but gentle.
- She was the star for the US team, which brought in gold and broke the world record. It brought fame to the team and their nation at its peak, second only to the legendary Michael Phelps.
- Franklin said she has changed over time. Since the beginning of her glorious career, she has said that she has been blessed with everything nice and positive. Her family was wonderful and her career could only be as good as she graduated from the 2012 Olympics. All of this success has made her mature and confident when she looks at her achievements. She has found her voice over the years.
- In the future, she may want to run broadcast journalism.
- It swims 6-7 days a week 5-6 km a day in about 2-4 hours a day. Their schedule is a bit different from other swimmers, as swimmers usually train 5-6 days and 3-5 hours a day.
- She always does little good deeds before she goes swimming.
- Franklin traveled with her teddy bear Pascal.
- As a kid, she was scared of Santa Claus and ET and now that she’s no longer a kid, she only cries when she sees a moth or a spider!
- She loves driving with her father on the Harley.
- She has only one tattoo, d. H. The Olympic rings she got after the 2012 Olympics.
- Her favorite stars are Scotty McCreery and Justin Bieber. Missy and Bieber even flirted on Twitter. Justin Beiber tweeted: “I heard that @FranklinMis