Najeeb Jung is an Indian official. Najeeb Jung was born on Thursday, January 18, 1951 in Delhi, India. Zodiac sign is Capricorn. Najeeb Jung is from Delhi, India, religion is Islam and nationality, Indian.
|Real Name||Najeeb Jung|
|Major Designations||• In 1973, joined Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
• Joint secretary (exploration) in the ministry of petroleum and natural gas.
• Senior Advisor (Energy) at the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for 7 years.
• Research Scholar & Senior Visiting Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Oxford University for 7 years.
• Director of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
• Senate Member of IIT Kanpur.
• Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia from 2009 to 2013.
• Lieutenant Governor of Delhi from July 2013 to December 2016.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||18 January 1951|
|Age (as in 2017)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|School||St. Columba’s School, New Delhi, India|
|College||St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, India
London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom
|Educational Qualifications||BA (Hons) in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, University of Delhi
MA in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi, University of Delhi
M.Sc in Social Policy and Planning in Developing Countries from the London School of Economics
|Family||Father– Not Known
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing on Energy & Power issues|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son– Not Known
Daughter– Not Known
|Salary||1.10 Lakh INR (as specified in the Governor’s (Emoluments, Allowances and Privileges) Act of 1982)|
Interesting Facts About Najeeb Jung
- Does Najeeb Jung smoke ?: unknown
- Does Najeeb Jung drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born and raised in the Indian capital Delhi.
- His family originally belonged to Hyderabad and moved to Delhi before the division of India.
- He grew up in a common family and they also owned the Golcha Cinema in Daryagunj, Delhi.
- He was educated by his mother and uncle; when he lost his father early in life.
- After completing his studies, he prepared for the public service exam and passed the exam in his first attempt. However, he was selected for the Indian Police Service (IPS). He gave another try and was selected for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- In 1984, Madhavrao Scindia (then Minister of Railways) asked him to become part of his staff, and he did much to modernize the railways.
- During his tenure as Joint Secretary (Exploration) at the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources, he came into contact with commercial buildings.
- He left the IAS and joined the Reliance India-funded Observer Research Foundation as Director (Energy Research).
- During his tenure as Vice Chancellor of Jamia Milia Islamia University, he dismissed many teachers and students.
- Jung is a drunk and enjoys single malt.
- He has a pet cat named Munna.
- At an unprecedented pace, he announced his retirement from the post of Deputy Governor of Delhi 18 months ago on 22 December 2016. citing the reason that he wants to spend time with his family and friends.