Nitin Mukesh Mathur (better known as Nitin Mukesh) is an Indian play singer who is known for his work as a play singer in Hindi films and in bhajans. He toured internationally, including in 1993 in the USA and 2006 with his show Kal Ki Yaadein on a world tour as a tribute to his father.Nitin’s son Neil Nitin Mukesh is an actor.
Nitin Mukesh worked with well-known music directors such as Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan, Nadeem Shravan and Anand Milind in the 1980s and 1990s. He spoke for actors such as Manoj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff and others.
|Full Name||Nitin Mukesh Mathur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Singing: Mera Naam Joker (1970)|
|Date of Birth||27 June 1950|
|Age (as in 2018)||68 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College/University||London School of Economics|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
• Neil Nitin Mukesh
• Naman Nitin Mukesh
|Parents||Father– Mukesh (Singer)
Mother– Sarla Trivedi
|Siblings||Brother– Mohnish Mukesh
Sister(s)– Rita, Nalini, Namrata (aka Amrita)
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nitin Mukesh
- Does Nitin Mukesh smoke ?: No.
- Does Nitin Mukesh drink alcohol ?: Not known
- He is an Indian playback singer who is known for his remarkable work in bhajans as well as in the Hindi film industry.
- He inherited his singing skills from his father, who was also a well-known singer.
- He started smoking at the age of 17. When his father Mukesh found out, he told him that if you really wanted to pursue a career as a singer, you had to quit smoking. After that, he gave up smoking.
- He was sent to the London School of Economics to continue his studies, but due to the lack of interest in studying, he left college and returned to India.
- After returning to India, he began working as an assistant director for the Indian film director Hrishikesh Mukherjee. He was the assistant director in Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna, Namak Haraam (1973).
- He later began to do stage shows under the guidance of his father. He did several stage shows with his father Mukeshand Lata Mangeshkar. In 1976 he lost his father to a singing event in America.
- After the death of his father, he got the chance from Raj Kapoorto to sing a song “Woh Aurat Hai Too Mehbooba” in the film Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978). From here he started his journey as a playback singer.
- He has worked with prominent music directors such as Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, Bappi Lahiri, Laxmikant-Pyarelal, Anand-Milind, Rajesh Roshan and others.
- He has voiced in several films for actors such as Shashi Kapoor, Manoj Kumar, Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor and others.
- In 2006 he went on a world tour with his show “Kal Ki Yaadein” in homage to his father.
- His son Neil Nitin Mukesh’s name was named after Neil Armstrong; an American astronaut. This name was given by none other than the experienced singer Lata Mangeshkar.