Pooja Kumar is an American actress known for her work in English, Tamil, Hindi and teluguistic films. She participated in Miss India USA and in 1995 she was crowned the title. She began her worldwide career as an American actress, producer and model. Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan introduced her to Priyadarshan and gave her the opportunity to host the International Miss World Contest, broadcast live in over 50 countries.
|Real Name||Pooja Kumar|
|Profession(s)||Indian-American Actress, Model, Producer, Television Presenter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-26-36|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1977|
|Age (as in 2018)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|School||Parkway West High School, Ballwin, USA|
|University||Washington University, St. Louis, USA|
|Educational Qualification||B. A. (Political Science & Finance)|
|Debut||Tollywood: Kadhal Rojave (1997)
Bollywood: Anjaana Anjaani (2010)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Practicing Yoga|
|Awards/Honours/Achievements||• Winner of Miss India USA (1995)
• Winner of Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Emerging Actress Award for Flavors (2008)
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known (A Mechanical Engineer)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Paraag Kumar (A Doctor)
|Favorite Food||Chinese Food|
|Favorite Film||The Sixth Sense (1999)|
|Favorite Director(s)||S. S. Rajamouli, S Shankar, Kamal Haasan|
Interesting Facts About Pooja Kumar
- Pooja Kumar was born into an Indian family in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Her family is an Indian emigrant in the USA.
- Her father belongs to Dehradun, while her mother comes from Lukhnow and both settle down in the USA before the birth of Pooja.
- Her family wanted Pooja to become either a doctor or an engineer. But she decided to pursue an acting career and her father was not satisfied with that.
- She started her acting career in 2000 and has since worked for more than 20 films in various languages.
- She has worked on several television commercials for the Bombay Dreams, Dodge, Pearl Vision, New York Lottery, AOL Time Warner and more.
- She has worked on several Hollywood films, including Man On A Ledge, Brawl In A Cell Block 99, Bollywood Hero, Flavors, Hiding Divya, Night Of Henna, and more.
- She has hosted numerous television programs, competitions and news, including Jaago Aur Jeeto on Zee TV, BPL Oye on Channel V and Bollywood Hero on IFC.
- She is the only Indian-American actress working in five different languages. She worked for Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and English films.
- Pooja is a personality with many talents. with services in various entertainment sectors such as acting, dancing, hosting and more. She is also a capable producer.
- She practices yoga and practices yoga five times a week to maintain her fitness.
- She is a first class classical Indian dancer and trained in Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi and Kathak.