Priyamani was born in Bengaluru on Monday, June 4, 1984 (age 35 years, stand 2019). Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
|Full Name||Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer|
|Famous Role||‘Muththazhagu’ in the Tamil film “Paruthiveeran” (2007)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film Telugu: Evare Atagaadu (2003) as ‘Priyamani’
Film Tamil: Kangalal Kaidhu Sei (2004) as ‘Vidya Sadagoppan’
Film Malayalam: Satyam (2004) as ‘Sona’
Film Kannada: Raam (2009) as ‘Pooja’
Film Bollywood: Raavan (2010) as ‘Jamuni’
TV (Malayalam): D 4 Dance (2014) as a Judge
TV (Kannada): Dancing Star 2 (2015) as a Judge
TV (Tamil): Kings of Dance (2016) as a Judge
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
• Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2006)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Tamil for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
• Vijay Award for Best Actress for the film “Paruthiveeran” (2007)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Malayalam for the film “Thirakkatha” (2008)
• Sandalwood Star Award for Best Supporting Actress for the film “Vishnuvardhana” (2011)
• Filmfare Award South for Best Actress – Kannada for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
• SIIMA Award for Best Actress for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
• Suvarna Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Chaarulatha” (2012)
|Date of Birth||4 June 1984 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School||• Sri Aurobindo Memorial School, Bengaluru
• Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College, Bengaluru
|College/University||She did her graduation through correspondence.|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Psychology|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Dancing|
|Controversies||• In 2012, the Hyderabad media reported that the Aazaan actor, Sachiin Joshi, had teased Priyamani in “allegedly inebriated” state at a party after a match. The reports stated that he had tried to “hold her hand” and “hug” her. However, Priyamani called the reports false and said, “We were just unwinding after the matches. I don’t understand why a story like this has been circulated. All it does is harm Sachiin and my reputations.”
• In 2016, Priya shared her engagement news with her fans and well-wishers through Twitter. The actress, who was expecting blessings and good wishes from everyone, was apparently showered with a lot of criticism and nasty comments about her fiance and family. Upset with so much of negativity coming her way, the actress gave a befitting reply to her haters. She wrote, “Fed up of so much of hatred and negativity with regards to the engagement news that I shared this morning hoping that everyone would be a part of my new journey and bless me with ur kind messages..but I’m appalled by so much of negative reactions!Grow up you people!!!ITS MY LIFE..and I’m NOT answerable to any one apart from my parents and my fiancé!”
• In May 2016, Priyamani attracted controversy for her remarks over a rape case. The gruesome rape and murder of Jisha, a Government Law college student in Ernakulam, shocked the entire nation and many celebrities voiced their dissent over the recurrence of such incidents in the country. Priya too took to Twitter to share her agony and wrote that India was not a safe place for girls. She even asked the women to leave the country and move to safe places abroad. She was highly criticised for her statement.
• Priyamani acted in a movie titled “Engiruntho Vandaal,” but the film for some unknown reasons never progressed beyond a point. So, the makers of the film did not pay her in full. However, later the film was completed with some other artists and a few of Priya’s hot stills, which had been shot earlier, were also being included in the film. Unhappy with the maker’s act, Priyamani filed a complaint with Movie Artists Association MAA, demanding its intervention, and stop using her content or pay her in full.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Prithiviraj (Rumoured, actor)
• Jagapthi Babu (Rumoured, actor)
• Mustafa Raj (owner of an event management company)
|Engagement Date||27 May 2016|
|Marriage Date||23 August 2017|
|Parents||Father– Vasudeva Mani Iyer (Entrepreneur)
Mother– Latha Mani Iyer (Former National Badminton Player and Former Bank Manager at the Union Bank of India)
|Siblings||Brother– Vishakh (Entrepreneur)
|Favourite Food||Chicken Biriyani|
|Favourite Desserts||Ice creams, Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor||Kamal Haasan|
|Favourite Director||Mani Ratnam|
Interesting Facts About Priyamani
- Priyamani was born into a modest family in Bangalore.
- She is the granddaughter of the famous Carnic singer Kamala Kailas.
- Priya grew up with boys and played cricket and hide & seek as there were no girls of her age in her company.
- In addition to the sport, she was also good at dancing in her school days and actively participated in the extracurricular activities.
- Mani began to model for brands such as Kancheepuram silk, Erode silk and Lakshmi silk when she was at school.
- At first she started modeling to earn some pocket money and never thought of becoming an actress.
- After reaching her twelfth standard, Tamil film director Bharathiraja introduced her to the Tamil film industry. She played a small role in the Tamil film “Ullam”.
- Her acting career began in 2003 with the Telugu film “Evare Atagaadu”.
- In 2006, Priya starred in the Telugu film “Pellaina Kothalo,” which was a hit and hit her three films.
- Her breakthrough in the Tamil film industry was with the movie “Paruthiveeran” in which she played the role of “Muthazhagu”.
- Some of her popular films are “Yamadonga”, “Malaikottai”, “Thirakkatha” and “Arumugam”.
- In 2013, Priya made a special appearance in the song “1 2 3 4 Get on the Dance Floor” from the Bollywood film “Chennai Express”.
- In addition to acting, Priya has appeared as a juror in numerous reality shows such as “D 4 Dance” (2014), “D2 – D 4 Dance” (2015), “Dancing Star 2” (2015) and “Kings of Dance”. (2016), “D3 – D 4 Dance” (2016) and “Dancing Star 3” (2016).
- In 2019 she starred in the Amazon Prime web series “The Family Man”.
- Priya has been featured on the front pages of many magazines including Wedding Life Magazine, Just For Women Magazine, FWD Magazine, and Grihalakshmi Magazine.
- She has even run the ramps for various fashion designers.
- She has worked in different languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
- She loves animals and often shares her pictures with them in their social media.
- She is fluent in Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, English, Telugu and Kannada.
- Priya is the second cousin of Bollywood actress Vidya Balan.
- At first, her parents were reluctant to let her daughter become an actress, but it was her grandmother who supported her and urged her to continue her career as an actress.
- She met her husband Mustafa Raj for the first time during the CCL (Celebrity Cricket League) cricket tournament. At the time, she was CCL’s brand ambassador and Mustafa took care of the logistics.