She was born on April 23, 1980 in Kochi, Kerala, India. Since childhood she has been interested in acting and modeling. She was first noticed after winning the title of Miss Kerala in 2000. Ranjini became more popular as a presenter on Asian TV’s reality TV show Star Singer. She moderated five seasons of this show. In the Malayalam industry, she was heavily criticized for her bad Malayalam accent and is considered the mother of modern Malayalam.
|Real Name||Ranjini Haridas|
|Profession(s)||Actress, TV Presenter|
|Famous For||Hosting reality TV show ‘Star Singer’|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm
in meters– 1.58 m
in feet inches– 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||23 April 1980|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||The Choice School, Kochi, Kerala|
|College||St. Teresa’s College, Ernakulam, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Literature
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
|Debut||Malayalam Film: Geetham (1986, as child artist)
China Town (2011, as actress)
Malayalam TV: Star Singer (2007)
|Hobbies||Dancing, Writing Poems, Travelling, Playing Badminton|
|Awards, Achievements||2000– Femina Miss Kerala
2008– Asianet Television Award for Best Anchor for TV show ‘Star Singer’ Season 3
2012– Asianet Television Awards for Best Anchor for TV show ‘Star Singer’ Season 5 & 6
|Controversies||• In 2011, during the grand finale of singing reality show ‘Star Singer,’ film actor ‘Jagathy Sreekumar’ openly criticised Ranjini for her alleged fake Malayalam accent and for passing judgments to the contestants in spite of being a host.
• In 2013, Ranjini was filed a complaint against flight passenger ‘Binoy Cherian’ who had accused her at the Nedumbaserry Airport by using abusive language. Later, Binoy Cherian’s wife ‘Kochurani’ also registered a complaint against Ranjini.
• In 2014, V. K. Venkitachalam of Heritage Animal Task Force complained actresses ‘Nazriya Nazim’ and ‘Ranjini Haridas’ at the Forest Department and the Central Animal Welfare Board by claiming that they used the Forest Department elephants for safari without the consent of the Central Animal Welfare Board.
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Name Not Known (Director)|
|Parents||Father– Haridasan (Air Force Personnel, Died)
Mother– Sujatha (Homemaker)
|Car Collection||Audi Q3 Dynamic|
Interesting Facts About Ranjini Haridas
- Does Ranjini Haridas Smoke ?: No.
- Does Ranjini Haridas Drink Alcohol ?: Not known
- Ranjini first appeared in 1986 as a children’s artist in the role of a schoolchild in the Malayalam film “Geetham”.
- At the age of 8 she lost her father and her grandparents financed their education.
- At the age of 21, she went to Bangalore and worked there for almost two years in an IT company.
- After that, Ranjini went abroad where she did her masters in Business Administration.
- She returned to Kerala and joined the entertainment industry to fulfill her dream of becoming an actress.
- She is one of the highest paid TV presenters in the entertainment industry in Malayalam.
- In 2010 she participated in the event “Keli International Kalamela” in Switzerland.
- Ranjini moderated a series of television shows such as “Star Singer” season 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (2007-2012); Cinema Company Season (2013-2014), Vanitharathnam Season 3 (2014), Bhima Music India (2014), Indian Music League (2015), Run Baby Run (2017), Hero Indian ‘Super League’ Season 3 & 4 (2017-2018) and ‘Ithanu Njga Paranja Nadan’ (2017).
- She also hosted numerous awards ceremonies such as Amrita TV Film Awards, Asian Film Awards, SIIMA, Asiavision Awards, Jaihind Film Awards, Flowers TV Awards, etc.
- In 2013, she directed a reality TV show “Sundari Niyum Sundaran Njanum,” which aired on Asianet.
- Ranjini has promoted herself as the “mother of modern Malayalam” because of her modern clothes.
- She has appeared on various shows such as Comedy Stars Season 2, Komedy Circus, Onnum Onnum Moonu, Badai Bungalow, Comedy Super Nights, Ashwamedham, etc.
- She is an avid animal lover.
- In 2016, Ranjini Haridas participated in the Celebrity Badminton League (CBL) Sports Reality entertainment show and was a member of the Kerala Royals team.
- In the same year, Ranjini Haridas and Santhosh Pandit were among the most hated and trolled Malay social media artists involved in entertainment.
- In 2018 she participated in the controversial reality show “Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1”.