Robert Downey Jr. Son of avid filmmaker Robert Downey, Sr., is an American actor who is considered one of Hollywood’s most talented and versatile performers, Holmes and Chaplin. He was born on April 4, 1965 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
|Real Name||Robert John Downey Jr.|
|Nickname||RJD, Bob, Bob Downey|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in Feet Inches- 5’8½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 43 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1965|
|Age (as in 2016)||51 Years|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|School||Santa Monica High School (Dropped out)|
|Debut||Film – Pound (1970)
TV -Saturday Night Live (SNL)
Album – The Futurist
|Family||Father Robert Downey Sr.(Actor)
Mother Elsie Ann (Actres)
|Ethnicity||Scottish, German, Swiss, Lithuanian Jewish, Hungarian Jewish, Irish.|
|Fan Mail Address||Robert Downey Jr.
1311 Abbot Kinney
Venice, CA 90291-3739
|Hobbies||Martial Arts Wing Chun|
|Favorite Actor||Peter O’Toole|
|Major Controversies||Downey has been arrested multiple times for possessing and abusing drugs throughout the period of 1996-2001. He was also once caught with cocaine, heroin, marijuana and an unloaded .357 Magnum handgun while speeding on the Sunset Boulevard.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jennifer Jason Leigh
Sarah Jessica Parker(1984-1991)
Winona Ryder (1988, RUMOR)
Deborah Falconer (1992-2001)
Marisa Tomei (1994)
Calista Flockhart (2000, RUMOR)
Susan Downey (2003-present)
(m. 1992; div. 2004)
Susan Downey (m. 2005)
|Current Relationship Status||Married to Susan Downey (m. 2005)|
|Children||Son – Indio
Daughter – Avri
Son – Exton
Interesting Facts About Robert Downey Jr.
- Does Robert Downey Jr. smoke? Yes
- Does Robert Downey Jr. drink? Not known
- Robert was surrounded by drugs as a child because his father had used drugs. He had Jr. try marijuana at the age of six, which he now regrets. It was the bond between them, the only way his father knew how to express his love. As a result, Jr. became alcoholic and made a thousand calls every night to get drugs!
- When his parents divorced, he moved with his father to California, then left high school and moved to New York to work full-time as an actor.
- Downey started the Broadway playoff and tried out different parts that did not turn out in his favor. and for the play the critics called him the worst performer.
- He was appreciated for his role as a rich drug addict in the film version of the novel Less Than Zero. The New York Times described his performance as “desperate on the move.”
- Robert has led Forbes’s list of the highest paid actors, earning $ 80 million in 2014-2015.
- In 1992, he starred in the movie Chaplin, which earned him a nomination at the Academy Awards and a BAFTA Award for the Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- Downey was in the California drug abuse treatment facility and in the state jail for drug allegations. Upon his release in 2000, he joined the TV show Ally McBeal, which represented Calista Flockharts love interest, for which he won a Golden Globe.
- Robert was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Tropic Thunder.
- has played Iron Man, either as a lead actor or as an ensemble member, and all three films have each earned more than $ 500 million. These films “The Avengers”, “Avengers”, “Age of Ultron” and “Iron Man 3” have earned more than $ 1 billion worldwide.
- Woody Allen could not fill Downey in his film Melinda and Melinda because Jr. could not be assured. He was disappointed when he absolutely wanted to fill Bob Downey and Winona Ryder.
- Robert’s stepmother told People’s Magazine about his bipolar disorder, and she said that this was the reason why he could not be sober. Robert agreed that sometimes he immediately spends a lot of money and that in one moment he can be hyperactive and sometimes really fail.
- After five years of arrest, relapse and rehab, Downey returned to the cinema in 2000. No rehab or psychotherapy could help him until he was sick of the problems drug abuse brought. He had his last chance and knew he could get another prison sentence or a judicial rehab if he thought enough was enough.
- Bob Downey was allowed to publish a publication in an Elton Johns video song “I want to love”. He dubbed his lips and played it down really well.
- could return to the screen after Mel Gibson paid his insurance. Mel and Robert had been friends since Air America.
- Robert made a comeback with the movie Gothika, for which producer Joe Silver withheld 40 percent of his money until his insurance was covered. This type of clause is common in his contracts until today.
- Downey also likes to sing. He sang with Sting for the show Ally McBeal and also released an album called The Futurist with the record label Sony Classical. He and his son Indio created the song list and cover of the album. Downey said he will not release another album because he is dissatisfied with the compensation compared to his work.
- Robert once broke into the neighbor’s house when he was drugged and thought it was his own house and slept there on the bed.
- Downey’s drug addiction was the reason for his separation from Sarah Jessica Parker. He said, “I liked drinking and had a drug problem, and that was not consistent with Sarah Jessica, because it’s the farthest distance from what she is,” he said in 2008 Parade Understanding. She tried to help me. She was so upset when I did not get together. “
- He does martial arts Wing Chun.
- People’smagazine called him the sexiest lawyer for his role in “Ally McBeal.”