Sophie Choudry was born on February 8, 1982 in Manchester, England, Great Britain. She is a British-born Indian film actress, singer, video jockey, songwriter, television presenter and television actress. She is known for her work in Bollywood as well as for the Tamil & Telugu Cinema.
|Real Name||Sophiya Choudry|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Actress, Model, Dancer, VJ|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-27-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||8 February 1982|
|Age (as in 2018)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Colleges||London School of Economics, London, U.K
London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
Sciences Po/Paris Institute of Political Studies, Paris
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in European Politics and French|
|Debut||TV: MTV Loveline (2002)
Film: Shaadi No.1 (2005)
|Family||Father– Not Known (Deceased)
Mother– Not Known
Brother– 1 (Elder)
Sister– Not Known
|Favourite Food||Continental Food|
|Favourite Actors||Govinda, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actresses||Sri Devi, Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Musician||Jennifer Lopez|
|Favourite Filmmaker||Karan Johar|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Interesting Facts About Sophie Choudry
- Smokes Sophie Choudry ?: unknown
- Does Sophie Choudry drink alcohol?: Not known
- Born in Manchester, England, she grew up with a Hindu father and a Muslim mother.
- Her father kept her name Sophia because he adored an Italian singer and actress, Sophia Loren. Unfortunately, her father died when she was very young.
- She is a lifeline; a performer, an actress, a singer and a vj.
- She is a polyglot; She can speak and sing in 8 languages - English, Hindi, Urdu, French, Italian, Spanish, Punjabi and Arabic.
- She is also the ambassador of the British Asian Trust.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam, Kathak & Salsa dancer.
- She learned western classical music in Britain from Helena Shenel and Indian classical music from Pandit Ashkaran Sharma.
- When she was in the UK, she made VJing for Zee UK.
- She began her career as a pop singer with her all-girl band “Sansara” with the song “Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai”, which she wrote herself, but these band members split up and she started her solo singing career with the music videos “Habibi” and “Le Mera Dil” in 2001.
- She became famous through the moderation of the popular show MTV Loveline (2002).
- In 2003 she released her first remix album Sophie & Dr. Love, who charted India for six months in India, broke records in the British Asian Pop Charts, taking first place for 12 weeks.
- A year later, after listening to over 400 old songs, she released her perfect 12 songs, including Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya, Jadugar Saiyajin, Zuby Zuby, Dil Ke Armaan, Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi and Bachke Rehna Re Baba.
- She has also appeared on such prestigious brands as Audi, Hero Group, ICICI Bank, Samsung, Blackberry, HSBC, Microsoft, Qualcomm and others.
- In 2014 she participated in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”, season 7.
- In 2017 she sang the title song of the Befikre film “Ude dil Befikre”.