Thomas Perez is an American, American politician. Thomas Perez was born on Saturday, October 7, 1961 in Buffalo, New York, USA. Zodiac sign is Libra. Thomas Perez is from Buffalo, New York. The religion is of Roman Catholic descent: Dominicans and Americans.
|Real Name||Thomas Edward “Tom” Perez|
|Political Journey||• Worked as a Principal Secretary to Democratic Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy from 1995 to 1998.
• From 2002 to 2006, Perez was on the council of Montgomery County, Maryland from its 5th district.
• From 2004 to 2005, he served as council president.
• In 2007, he became Maryland Secretary of Labor.
• In 2009, he was nominated by President Barack Obama to be Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice.
• On 18 March 2013, he was nominated to be Secretary of Labor by President Barack Obama.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1961|
|Age (as in 2016)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Buffalo, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Buffalo, New York,|
|School||Canisius High School, Buffalo, New York, USA|
|College||Brown University, Rhode Island, USA
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts in international relations and political science
Juris Doctor cum laude
|Debut||In 1995, when he started working as a Principal Advisor to Democratic Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy.|
|Family||Father– Rafael Perez
Mother– Grace Perez
Brothers– Not Known
|Address||200 Constitution Ave. NW
Washington DC 20210
|Hobbies||Reading, Traveling, Cooking|
|Controversies||• He was criticized when he allowed hiring of more illegal workers during his tenure at the Department of Justice.
• In 2008, he was criticized for dropping voter intimidation charges against black panthers who carried weapons to a polling place.
• He was criticized for abandoning a Whistle-blower Lawsuit that cost taxpayers millions.
• He was criticized for using a private e-mail address to dodge accountability.
|Favourite Politician||Not Known|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Ann Marie Staudenmaier|
|Children||Son– Rafael Perez
Daughters– Susana Perez, Amalia Perez
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.3 million (as in 2013)|
Interesting Facts About Thomas Perez
- Does Thomas Perez smoke ?: unknown
- Is Thomas Perez Drinking Alcohol ?: Not known
- Both parents were immigrants of the first generation.
- After the Second World War, his father was drafted into the US Army and worked as a doctor in Atlanta before moving to Buffalo.
- His mother came to the USA in 1930.
- He is the youngest of five siblings.
- Prior to joining the Department of Justice, Perez served as a court clerk at the Colorado District District Court.
- In the last few years of Bill Clinton’s tenure, Perez served as director of the Civil Rights Department of the US Department of Health.
- In the presidential elections of 2016, he is considered one of the most likely fellow campaigners of Hillary Clinton.