Tom Vilsack is an American, American politician. Tom Vilsack was born on Wednesday, December 13, 1950 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius. Tom Vilsack is from Pennsylvania, USA, religion is Roman Catholic Ethnicity: White and nationality, American.
|Real Name||Thomas James “Tom” Vilsack|
|Political Journey||• In 1987, he was elected Mayor of Mount Pleasant.
• In 1992, he was elected to the Iowa Senate.
• In 1998, he became Governor of Iowa.
• In 2002, he was re-elected Governor of Iowa.
• On 30 November 2006, he announced his intentions to run for the presidency in the 2008 election.
• On 23 February 2007, he dropped out of the presidential race.
• On 20 January 2009, he was appointed Secretary of Agriculture by the then US President Barack Obama.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 00”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1950|
|Age (as in 2016)||66 Years|
|Birth Place||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|School||Shady Side Academy, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|College||Hamilton College, Clinton, New York|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Albany Law School, Albany, New York
|Debut||In 1987, when he was elected Mayor of Mount Pleasant.|
|Family||Father– Bud Vilsack
Mother– Dolly Vilsack
|Address||U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave., S.W.
Washington, DC 20250
|Hobbies||Running, Traveling, Reading|
|Favourite Politician||Not Known|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Christie Vilsack (married 18 August 1973)|
|Children||Sons– Doug Vilsack, Jess Vilsack
|Net Worth (approx.)||$750000 (as in 2009)|
Interesting Facts About Tom Vilsack
- Does Tom Vilsack smoke ?: unknown
- Does Tom Vilsack drink alcohol?: Not known
- He was born on 13 December 1950 and sent to a Roman Catholic orphanage.
- In 1951 he was adopted by Bud and Dolly Vilsack.
- His father was an insurance agent and estate agent.
- When he was elected Governor of Iowa in 1998, he was the first Democrat to have been Governor of Iowa for 30 years.
- He was a big proponent of biotechnology.
- He is an avid runner and ran a marathon in 2005 in Arkansas.
- In his entire political career he has never lost a choice.
- In 2004, he was one of John Kerry’s most likely campaigners in the US presidential election.
- In 2016, he is considered one of the most likely campaigners of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 US presidential election.