|Full Name||Usman Khan Shinwari|
|Profession||Pakistani Cricketer (Bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 14 inches
– Biceps: 32 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI– 20 October 2017 against Sri Lanka at Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium
Test– Did Not Play
T20– 11 December 2013 against Sri Lanka at Dubai International Cricket Stadium
|Jersey Number||#36 (Pakistan)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||FATA Cheetas, Karachi Kings, Khan Research Labs, Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited|
|Coaches||Qazi Shafiq Lala, Wajahatullah Wasti|
|Favourite Bowl||Reverse Swing|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Man of the Match Award in Faysal Bank T20 Cup
• 5 Wicket Haul against Sri Lanka in 2017
• Man of the Match Award against Sri Lanka in 2017
|Career Turning Point||His Performance at Moin Khan Ramadan Tournament|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1994|
|Age (as in 2018)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Landi Kotal, Khyber Agency, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Landi Kotal, Khyber Agency, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Work Out|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Asmad ul Khan
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Ibrahim Shinwari (younger brother)
Sister– Not Known
|Favourite Cricketer||Wasim Akram|
|Favourite Food||Fried Lobia|
|Car Collection||Toyota Corolla 2018|
|Bike(s) Collection||• Honda CG125-1976
• Honda CG125-2017
Some Lesser Known Facts about Usman Khan
- Does Usman Khan Smoke?: Not Known
- Does Usman Khan Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Usman Khan is a Pakistani left-arm swing bowler.
- His father is also a cricketer and has played in domestic matches.
- In his childhood, he used to play cricket just for fun but later, he decided to pursue a career in the same.
- Then, he joined the Peshawar based ICA (Islamia Cricket Academy) with his father’s support. There, he learned the basics of cricket and improved his bowling skills under the coaches Qazi Shafiq Lala and Wajahatullah Wasti.
- From the ICA, he got selected for the FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) cricket team; before moving into Abbottabad Region Under-19 team.
- He played his first Under-19 Abbottabad season at the age of 17. He played for KRL (Khan Research Laboratories) in the season and gave a record-breaking performance by taking 36 wickets.
- At the start of his career, there were some rumours that he would play for Afghanistan instead of Pakistan. However, he had declined all such rumours and said,
- He could play only one Under-19 season for KRL as he turned overage. After this, he went on playing for the senior KRL team.
- After playing some matches from the Khan Research Laboratories, he then, moved to ZTBL (Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited) cricket team.
- He first came into the eyes of media and public during the Moin Khan Ramadan Tournament. His performance at this Cup proved to be a great turning point in his cricket career.
- On 3 December 2013, his performance in the final match at Faysal Bank T20 Cup for the team ZTBL against Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited brought him the opportunity to become a part of Pakistan’s National Team. He bowled the former Pakistani cricketer and captain Misbah-ul-Haqon a duck and impressed him. He took 5 wickets with giving away only 9 runs in just 3.1 overs.
- On 11 December 2013, he finally made his international T20 debut against Sri Lanka at the age of 19. Unfortunately, he couldn’t perform well in that series, which led him out of the team.
- In an interview on his rejection from the team, he said that
- Later, he got selected for the PSL (Pakistan Super League) by the Karachi Kings team. He played 6 matches for the Karachi Kings and took 6 wickets.
- After this, he got two games to play in the World XI Tour of Pakistan. He performed well but took only 1 wicket in those 2 matches.
- In October 2017, he again became a part of Pakistan’s ODI (One Day International) Cricket team for their 5-match series against Sri Lanka. He got the chance to play in the fourth ODI and took the wicket of Upul Tharanga (Sri Lankan skipper) in his first over. Whereas in the fifth ODI, he took five-wicket haul; just in 21 deliveries. He got the “Man of the Match” award for his performance. His bowling in that match made him an international cricket star overnight.
- In August 2018, he was one of 33 players to be conferred a central contract for the 2018-2019 season by the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board).
- In the same year, he got selected for the 2018 Asia Cup.
- He considers “Shoaib Akhtar” as his role model.