Younis Khan is an English Pakistani cricketer. Younis Khan was born on Tuesday, November 29, 1977 in Mardan, Pakistan. Zodiac Sign is Sagittarius. Younis Khan is from Karachi, Pakistan, religion is Islam and nationality, English.
|Real Name||Mohammad Younis Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 38 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 26 February 2000 vs Sri Lanka in Rawalpindi
ODI– 13 February 2000 vs Srilanka in Karachi
T20– 28 August 2006 vs England in Bristol
|Coach/Mentor||Rashid Latif (Former Pakistani Cricketer)|
|Jersey Number||#75 (Pakistan)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Surrey, Warwickshire, Yorkshire, Pakistan All Star XI|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||India|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• He is the first Pakistani cricketer to score 9,000+ test runs in Test Cricket.
• Younis Khan’s 33 centuries are the highest number of Test centuries by a Pakistani.
• Younis Khan has 6 double centuries in Test matches.
• He became the third Pakistani to score a triple century in Test matches when he scored 313 against Sri Lanka in Karachi in 2009.
• Younis Khan is the only Pakistani to score a Test hundred against every other Test playing nation and the 12th International player to achieve this milestone.
• He holds the record of most away centuries for a Pakistani (23), this is the second highest overall.
• Younis Khan is the only Pakistani cricketer to have taken 100+ catches in Test cricket.
• After Herbert Sutcliffe (in 1925), Younis Khan is the only batsman to have scored 3 consecutive centuries against Australia.
• As of 10 December 2016, Younis Khan has scored more than 9,500 test runs at an average of around 52, including 33 centuries and 31 half-centuries.
|Date of Birth||29 November 1977|
|Age (as in 2016)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Mardan, Pakistan|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Late Iqbal Khan
Mother– Not Known
|Controversies||• Younis resigned as the captain of the ODI team in October 2009 due to a parliamentary investigation into match-fixing that was alleged to have taken place during his reign. Despite being cleared in the investigation, Younis said, “Yes I have submitted my resignation because I am disgusted by these match-fixing allegations made against me and the team.”
• In 2010, Younis Khan and his Pakistani counterpart, Mohammad Yusuf, were suspended from the Pakistan team of all formats for an indefinite time period. Although some reports cited “corruption charges” as the cause for the harsh action, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) cleared the air by stating the reason as “Breach of discipline within the team.”
• In 2015, Younis Khan blamed captain Misbah-Ul-Haq and the then Head Coach, Waqar Yunis, for dropping him from the ODI side. He further added that the two did nothing to motivate players and just went casually about every match.
• Younis Khan was fined 50% of the match fee, when he left a domestic match mid-way in April 2016. Furthermore, Younis had left the tournament after match referee Aziz Rehman summoned him for a disciplinary hearing. In his defense, Younis said that his image was being unnecessarily tarnished at this stage of his career.
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marriage Date||30 March 2007|
|Children||Daughter– 1 (Name Not Known)
Son– Owaisi Khan
Interesting Facts About Younis Khan
- Smokes Younis Khan: Unknown
- Does Younis Khan drink alcohol? Not known
- As a small boy, Younis had to earn miles for his cricket training. Rashid Latif, the Pakistani wicketkeeper, was Younis’ mentor and led him through his younger years. Some years later, they became teammates for Pakistan.
- On the domestic track Younis could not reserve a seat in the Karachi team, his home country. However, he did not lose hope and began to play for Peshawar.
- After only one season in domestic cricket, Younis was summoned by Pakistan in February 2000. He scored 46 in his ODI debut and had a more memorable test debut when he scored 107 goals in the second innings against Sri Lanka, but all his efforts were in vain as Pakistan lost both games.
- Younis Khan holds the record for most catches as a substitute in an innings. In February 2001, Saeed Anwar had to leave a game against Bangladesh halfway due to the premature death of his daughter. Pakistan prevailed against Younis Khan, who scored 4 in the innings, setting a record.
- During a county championship game in 2007, Younis was bowling in just 35 seconds. According to the Younis team, Yorkshire tried to avoid a slow penalty by maximizing possible bowling overruns.
- Younis has impressive numbers against arch-rivals India; In Test Cricket, he is on average 88.06 against India and is against every team the best performance.
- In the years 2005-2006 he experienced a difficult life phase. Younis had to deal with a series of deaths in his family. In early 2005, he had to fly back from an Australia trip after the death of his father. In the same year Younis received during the tour through Pakistan the news of the death of his eldest brother in a car accident. His other older brother, Farman Ali Khan, was only 39 years old at the time of his death, this time because of a car accident.
- He played a season of IPL for Rajasthan Royalsin 2008, but managed only a single game of the season.